Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh how we laughed...



We have certainly enjoyed this Olympics more than most as for just this once we've had something to crow about. My wave of optimism washed through about three weeks ago and led me to publicly state that the down trodden sporting flops that we are would take more medals than the Aussies. The swimming had me worried before the cyclists and sailors got things moving... we pipped them by several golds and a single medal overall. So no Australia clobber for me while I'm on duty this week! ;0)

I'm already looking forward to 2012 after seeing the double decker do its thing, although we might have our work cut out to go better than Beijing many ways in four years time. Maybe we should through some lottery cash at relay running... (a rare disappointment!)

So I'm making hay while the sun shines and celebrating getting one over the Aussies... just this once... I'm making no promises about the next Ashes series however!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauly
Team GB - Oh how we laughed!
Yes! amazing haul of medals - glad you won your bet - I think the Minister for Sport, Australia, also had a similar challenge by England's M of Sport and has to wear GB colours at next official function - have you read about this?
Boris - Mayor of London - at the closing ceremony said he was 'blown away by Beijing Olympics but not intimidated' - a good comment!
Please give to your Mum our good wishes for a safe and pleasant journey - we're sure she has heaps of very special and happy memories of August 2008!

With love - Jean and John xxxxxxxxx