Monday, October 30, 2006

Saturday Sports Day








Saturday was greeted with the not too unexpected non arrival of Andrew (my brother!) by train - despite being given tickets and setting two alarm clocks! So missing one team member we all set off for the local bowling hall for a quick game with Dan (Beth's nephew) and his two cousins Matt and Will. I thought being considerably older and mature then them it would be best to let them win the bowling and at least a couple of games of pool so that they enjoyed the afternoon ;0) I also thought it wise to let Beth beat me at pool, her gracious victory was taken while standing on my back as I lay prone on the floor!

Andrew arrived later, just in time to salvage something of the Ivey name before we journeyed home. We then had a fantastic meal at Jean and Jon's local the Swan before the Ivey reputation sustained further damage during a game of Trivial Pursuits! On one positive Argyle won and Bristol Rovers lost - a single highlight of an undistinguished sporting day!

No comments: