Sunday, August 02, 2009

City 2 Surf... 1 week to go!

This time next week it will all be over, the 2009 City to Surf. One of my regrets is that I never managed to get a place for the London Marathon (... maybe one day!)which is obviously one of the top running events anywhere in the world. However while City to Surf might not have the marathon distance its the biggest race in Australia, and if you look at races worldwide the biggest in terms of participating runners - this years entries have closed at a whopping 75,000.



Its a 14km distance and training has been going well. As this is my first City2Surf I'll be starting at the back, so will have to pick my way through the crowds, although I hope that I get a good enough time so that I can be seeded next year to start a little further up the field.

The race starts in Sydney and winds its way around the Harbour to Bondi Beach. It should be a great day.. I will report back next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope race goes well - well done for taking part - look forward to reading all about it! xxxx