Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Jambo Monday...



Jambo Monday leaves a bad taste in the mouth probably because it's all over for another year and also because you do have a bad taste in your mouth!!! It was good to get home and wash properly. And use a toilet that hadn't become a health hazard after four days! We packed up and started the journey home, now getting outta Cornwall isn't easy at the best of times, but on a Bank Holiday!! We tried the A30 and sat in stationary traffic for an hour. I say sat we got out, passed sweets to each other, waved at people passing on the other side, took pictures and some people even pulled their T-Shirt over their head and ran up and down the central reservation running into the barrier at one point. He was asked if "Anyone ever said your an idiot?" by one motorist, but I fear in Martin's case this was not the first! ;0) I was quite happy in my new hat that Beth won me in the bingo... if think the consensus was that it looked OK but I should give the lasso above my head a miss!

Fed up we found a break in the barrier and did a u-turn narrowly missing two lanes of on coming traffic! After that if was a fairly trouble free trip, in fact we managed to stay together (all eight of us!) as far as Exeter City Centre.

Spent the rest of the day sleeping!

No comments: