Thursday, February 22, 2007

New Years Resolutions... lack of progress update!




Remember them??? I think I've managed them all just not all at once and not all the time!

We're warming up for the Soccer (sorry Football!) season here, and so I've been getting some training in. For the last month I've been playing indoor football and we managed to get our first win last night, a 12 - 2 thrashing of the "Midas Touch" - who were lacking a first and second touch. The team I play in has an interesting name (not chosen by me!) ... FOY FC ... each letter stands for something and is far too rude to type here! Even I managed to sneak onto the scoresheet with a goal showing all the finease of a Paul Wotton penalty! (Paul Wotton is PAFC Captain Fantastic!)Beth came along to watch (and drive me there after the pints earlier in the afternoon!) She manged to capture me on camera a couple of times... I'd like to think I was moving to fast to be captured in the second picture! ;0) Most weeks the tin shed is like a blast furnace at 35 degrees plus.. I'm still aclimatising!

Managed to get pulled up by the ref three times (once for an overhead kick while laying on the ground ... don't ask!) ... so all in all a good game!

Looks like I might also get an outside game this season with a local team... It's with quite a few people we've met already and it's quite a social thing for all the WAGs (Wives And Girlfriends) to come along with the kids, so it should be good! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: