Friday, July 13, 2007

Summat for the Weekend ...#3


Can't believe that's another week gone by... lots to choose from this week as it's been a long week on the iPod. This week I worked out that my iPod could play for 27 days 16 hours and 48 minutes without playing the same song twice! (Do I have too much time on my hands?!?) So what did I choose this week? well honorary mentions to..

British India for Tie Up My Hands
Bjork for Big Time Sensuality (Oldie but a goodie!)
New Young Pony Club for The Bomb
Digitalism for I Want I Want

But after listening to their album Young Modern for most of the week I've gone for Silverchair's Straightlines.


Silverchair are one of the most acclaimed and successful bands in Australian music history.The group’s members were all born in 1979 in the very local Newcastle surf suburb of Merewether. Singer/guitarist Daniel Johns and drummer Ben Gillies started making music together at primary school and schoolmate Chris Joannou later joined on bass. They got their big break in mid-1994 when they won a national demo competition conducted by a TV show and Triple J radio.

Daniel Johns is married to Natalie Imbruglia of "Torn" and Neighbours fame..... ah for the life of a rockstar! ;0)

No comments: