Friday, May 30, 2008

An update...

Its been a little while between posts. Things have been pretty busy here with me being at school doing Hamilton work in the evenings, Beth getting work as well as doing the full time job around the home... and then there are the weekends! Last weekend I had two games of football, we managed to win one and draw the other. In the first I followed up my ball in the face with a crack to the ribs, this has been painful ever since and after struggling through a game for the Hillsborough Hornets I decided enough was enough and went to hospital.



It would seem that I've dislodged come cartilage between the ribs and this has made a small puncture my right lung. It's pretty painful and the painkillers make me feel drowsy (hardly noticed any difference!!!), but there is little else that can be done other than plenty of rest. So it's a rare day off work today (Beth had to talk me into it!) ... and no football for me for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauly
Really sorry to hear about injury to ribs - sounds v painful and we so hope that ribs will respond to rest - resting is never easy in a busy life but with 'ribs' is often the only answer/cure.

Alfie seems to have a busy life but has the balance between work and rest - answered!

Sending you healthy healing wishes
and lots of love to all of you
walkers@5furnwoodxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

wimp!