Friday, April 10, 2009

Hill to Harbour...

A couple of weekends ago I ran in the annual Hill to Harbour race along the beautiful foreshore in Newcastle. There were about 3,000 runners and I came in a very encouraging 150th. I had only two full weeks training under my belt as well as the on going Ross River Fever so I was pretty pleased. I was however beaten my a colleague from work who runs very similar times to me. The score now stands at 2-2 in races, so I need to step it up!!!

We can be seen here to the left of the screen (at around 17 seconds from the start!) on the footpath (blue vest and white vest) avoiding the crowds in this video clip.

The winner of the race started off racing - and winning - the half marathon (21.1km) before being motorcycled back to join starters in the 10k race. He promptly won that as well in a tick over 32 minutes, two and a-half minutes ahead of the next best. An amazing effort in anyone’s books!

Click here for a Picture of me ... poetry in motion at 4km!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done Paul! impressive photo and result! xx xx