Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Day





New Years Day was an understandably quiet affair with me doing very little and when I did do anything I did it very slowly. I hear through the grapevine that the locals were impressed with my Jim Beam drinking potential and that I had passed the initiation!

Later in the afternoon the lads went off to watch the Newcastle Jets take on Sydney FC. The Jets play in the "A" League of eight teams and have been doing well of late. This was not a good game played out in front of their highest ever attendance of 21,000. Football seems to be really taking off after the Socceroos success in the last World Cup. Getting tickets was real easy as we bought them on line and then printed them out to take along to the game. Entry was free for the kids as they play football locally and six pound for adults. It was enjoyable although the standard of football seemed to be little better than the Oxford United v Exeter City conference game I went to at home!!! ... maybe I've been spoilt after being reared on a diet of attractive free flowing entertaining football watching Argyle!

No comments: