Sunday, May 24, 2009

An update...

It seems that everytime I get around to posting on here that I start with an apology for not updating much. The Ivey household continues to be a very busy one with both Beth and I out working full time and Alfie continuing to enjoy family day care (... just as well!) Our days now start around 5:50am with the car running, loaded and ready to go by 6:50am. We try to let Alfie sleep as long as we can and so sometimes he is whisked from his bed in dressing gown and slippers!



Beth has been working with me at school all this term and has been given a contract for the remaining six weeks. The money is certainly useful and we are hoping that this block of work will allow us to build the extra room on the house. It's been quite strange to be working at the same school again, not that we actually see each other for anything other than the drive up and back!

On other school related news the school has announced that it will be making four of the ten teachers currently working on contracts permanent. Applications, presentations and interviews will follow before July. Getting a permanent job here in Australia would be a huge coup and could make our break our life down under. All I can say is, with hand on heart, that I've given everything in my eighteen months there. I hope that I will be rewarded for that... keep your fingers crossed and watch this space!

2 comments:

Dave Marianne & Jacob said...

Fingers crossed for you Paul. We wish you all the luck, but know you won't have any problems at all, in achieving your goal of a permanent position at the school. XXX

mel said...

hope it goes well. If they don't appoint you, they must be barking mad! turls x