Friday, October 02, 2009

Canberra 2009...



Today marks the end of Term Three (.. we have four!) which has been really busy. I can now look forward to two weeks of catching up with all those things that I haven't had time to do in the last ten weeks. This week has been a long one as I've been down in the Australian Capital Territory visiting the capital of Australia, Canberra.



We made the six plus hour coach trip down along with one hundred and twenty Year five and six students. We had a packed itinerary consisting of visits to Parliament House, Australian Mint, Australian Institute of Sport, Galleries, The War Memorial and Questicon a hands on Science Museum.





The students were great and really enjoyed the experience as did I, although I did miss being at home. We have had limited opportunities to really explore what is a huge continent... Canberra is a start! It would have certainly helped me prepare for our Citizenship test that we hope to take before Australia Day in January! What I did notice was the difference in temperature, particularly on one morning when I went out for a run with the temperature struggling to get above 0 degrees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressive! Informative! Well Done!
Enjoy well deserved 2 weeks 'holiday'
xx xx