Monday, July 05, 2010

World Cup Update ...

I ended my last post with ...

Everyone seems to know the score
They've seen it all before
They just know
They're so sure

That England's gonna
Throw it away
Gonna blow it away
But I know they can play


What a fitting way to start this one! England never got going in this tournament, apart from one bright thirty minutes against the smallest nation at this world cup we struggled to find any tempo or do the basic things like pass the ball. I could go on ... I've tried to move on during the last week ... but I won't. All I will say is that we need to look long term and at other countries, like dare I say it Germany, to see where we are going wrong.


Charlie has shown quite an interest in the World Cup largely based on the fact that being awake most of the night he gets to see quite a bit of it! He also had little positive to say about England performances which he described as "Like cutting teeth." (painful) Here he is pictured holding a bottle of My Wifes Bitter ... I'll make not further comment on that for fear of loosing Mother in Law favour points! ;0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Made me smile! MIL xx
Plus Points for Painting! xx