Monday, May 21, 2007

Start them early....




On the weekend of the worst FA cup final in living memory (I fell asleep during extra time.. but it was 3am, Alfie slept through most of it!) I decided to show him how it should be done when he came along to watch daddy play. Although judging by the photo he wasn't that impressed and soon dosed off again!)

Playing into the eye of a hurricane we managed to limit the other team to four goals in the first half and managed to get three back in the second half, 4-3 a close call! It was closer than some of the other games this season (three of which I've missed I might add!) with 10-0, 7-1 and 3-1 losses and a 3-1 win (which I also missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) There are encouraging signs however that we are starting to get it together as this weeks opponents were top of the league and confident after their 16-1 victory the previous week against our next opponents! I'm sure that next week I'll be able to update you with details of an easy win! :0)

Alfie's training also includes some ball skills with his first ever football and growing so that he can wear his England kit and Adidas trainers (just some of the gifts that are keeping the postman very busy on his rounds!) We continue to be amazed with the cards, emails and gifts we have receive, I think he has touched more than our hearts!

No comments: