Sunday, September 02, 2007

Made to feel like the best dad in the World...


Today was Father's Day in Australia and my first as a Dad. I may not be the best dad in the world (not through lack of trying...) but I was certainly made to feel like one. Alfie and Beth have obviously been very busy over the last couple of weeks. I woke to see Alfie proudly wearing his #1 daddy suit clutching a card that he had very cleverly made featuring all the pictures of him with daddy that we have taken during the last four months. Mum then produced some presents that have been hidden away somewhere - a new jumper, a lanyard so I don't loose those keys again, some lovely children's books about Dads and not forgetting the Kinder Egg! (I love Kinder eggs and Krispy Kreme doughnuts!)

It was then down to the beach for a fantastic picnic in the sunshine. Again Mum and Alfie had thought of everything... well almost everything as Beth forgot the cork screw for her wine (I had beer with twist tops!) The weather was good, the food better and it was great to spend some together as a family before I start my two weeks of teaching practice.

No comments: