Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bug Bother...



I had a bit of Bug Bother over the weekend after I found out on Friday that I had a fairly serious petrol leak on my hands. On Saturday I managed to siphon the remaining two buckets of fuel out and arranged to take the bug to the garage on Monday, for what would have been only it's second visit since June 2007!!! ;0)



With a couple of hours to spare I thought I'd investigate! Those that know me well know that I'm not that practical... so any bits I removed I placed carefully to one side!!! I managed to remove the tank to find a very old (... probably 45 years!) piece of rubber tube! I nipped down to the car shop in the sensible car and managed to get hold of some the same size for $4 (... less than a couple of quid to you Poms!) Back at home in the garage I fitted the tube, thankfully found homes for all the bits I removed and started her up!... and she went! I was quite chuffed as the limits of my VW repairs to date were a window winder (Stan and Beryl) and a starter motor (Stan ... although I didn't do much other than pass tools on that occasion!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul
SO impressed with car mechanics!
wot a wonderful feeling when car then starts! Well done with cycling and fitness! yes, remember Clarks - shoe fitting! and Beth's holiday job! and ooohhh, Alfie x, always SO interested in everything! - gosh he's cuddly!xx
Hope HVGS is going well.
Jean and John xx