Tuesday, February 19, 2008

LEJOG Update

The whole fitness thing is going well at the moment. I managing to get some cycling done, had a lovely run along the beach the other evening and been getting a good run around at football training. The most positive news is that I've managed to shift 10kg over the last four months and got to the point that the clothes I bagged up and threw away, which Beth then put out in the garage now fit again! (She is always right ... most of the time!) Interestingly I've started to put weight back on again but lose the percentage of fat which our bathroom scales regularly embarrasses us with!

On the wheel of steel I managed 76km so I'm now 339km into this ridiculous which I'd never started cycle thing.


View Larger Map

Street in Somerset seems to be best known for a Clark's Shoe factory, an impressive shoe museum (.. so I'm told!!!) and very little else, although it was also where Beth had a part time job in one of those pottery places where groups of kids are sent to wreak havoc, break things and maybe even paint something to take home.



Clark's shoes bring back memories of the last week of the holidays being dragged into town with Mum and having to put your foot in some huge machine that slowly measured your foot, giving the assistant a read out on a huge screen... cutting edge technology of the time! Anybody else remember those things???

Onwards ... Northwards!

No comments: