Thursday, November 22, 2007

Mad dogs and Englishmen...

Beth decided that the perfect response to the fuzzy feeling in my head last Sunday morning was to erect shade sails in searing heat. Saturday had been a long day of partying and trivia nights before returning to the party.... I was in no fit state to climb ladders and dig holes in the garden!

Still undeterred I staggered outside without sun protection or a hat (... this resulted in me feeling very ill until Wednesday and so this won't be happening again!) to get the sails up. We've had some very hot days as we build towards Summer and with the direct sunlight on the outside of his wall the room gets very hot 30+ degrees at times. This is obviously too hot for him so we hope the sails will help keep things cooler.... anyway back to the DIY!

The neighbours having seen my physical state both decided they better come around and lend a hand. We actually managed to get everything up in a couple of hours, thanks to a clever hole digging tool and the extra hands.

Almost finished.....


I give the shade sails the thumbs up!...


Foreman arrives, he's on the phone.... doesn't look happy!


Many hands ... I have a key role holding hose!


Think at this time pole was actually holding me up!



They seem to have had the desired effect as things have cooled down a little, we are going to put up another on the other wall this coming weekend. The shade sail installation has also coincided with some extended day sleeps for Alfie so it was very much worth all the effort!

No comments: