Friday, November 02, 2007

Stay at home Dad...

Well it's Friday and I survived a working week with Alfie while mum was in school! It's been a good week which is just as well as I'm doing it all again next week! It's certainly been an eye opener, I've not been one to take anything that Beth has done for granted for the last six months but it has certainly made me see what she does do for Alfie and around the house!

Cleaning the house like a loon (very quietly!) while Alfie sleeps is tough, and as for getting any work done! Its amazing what you can get done in such a short space of time, also amazing how quickly it can get messy again too!

My observations so far are:

1, Alfie is in control, don't pretend otherwise.
2, Alfie does not come with instructions.
3, What worked yesterday won't work today.
4, Coffee sessions with the girls (I had one today!) are richly deserved.
5, Alfie is quite regular! ... if you know what I mean!
6, The cups placed above the dishwasher need to be physically placed inside.
7, The clothes left near the washer need to be physically placed inside.
8, If he's asleep in the car keep driving!
9, You eat after Alfie.
10, Alfie misses his mum and sometimes channels this into being difficult for dad.
11, Don't wait for him to swallow just keep shoveling.
12, A smile can be followed by inconsolable crying within 20 seconds.
13, No longer can we be guaranteed that he'll be where you left him when you return.
14, Alfie is bemused/fascinated by the beetle!
15, Don't try to measure things using a paper measuring tape while having a 6mnth old strapped to your chest.
16, Some of Alfie's toys can provide entertainment for 34 year olds!

... I could go on! Beth says that I've been a different person this week after my enlightenment! Next week I'll try to post some pictures of us in action... til then thanks so much Beth for all you do! What a wife! What a woman What a mum. XXX

No comments: