Monday, January 21, 2008

Virtual LEJOG 2008...

In trying to get fit Beth and I decided to buy an exercise bike, getting out on real bikes can be a bit of a hassle (see previous post!) and with the new job starting next week getting home and then dashing out again to go running, cycling etc isn't really an option. At least with the flexibility of keeping fit at home you can stop and help out with what ever needs doing at any time, watch tv and basically exercise whenever.

One negative about cycling on a stationary bike is that you never actually get anywhere, it can get monotonous! I've managed to listen to a fair bit of music to pass the time and watch a bit of the Australian open tennis, but I am worried that my enthusiasm for being the hamster spinning the wheel will wain! So I proudly announce my LEJOG 2008 Virtual Ride! Basically this will involve me riding the distance from Lands End to John O'Groats (hence LEJOG!), which for Aussie readers is the distance between the bit down south near where we lived up to the bit up top where the Scottish people live. Okay so there won't be the hills, the traffic, the rain and the rolling English (and Scottish!) countryside but it's a challenge and something to aim for!

I'll update each week but last week I virtually managed to get from Land's End to Truro covering 89km. Here's my virtual postcard of Truro Cathedral...


Check out my progress map -


View Larger Map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey good work fella! be sure to pop in for a cuppa when you pass my house yeah?!? ;o)