Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm an elite athlete ... its official!

Since February I've been wearing a heart rate monitor when I do my training. It looks a little like this...



Basically the chest strap reads your heart rate and sends the information to the watch. While you are working out you can see how many beats a minute you are working at and hopefully stay inside a comfortable range. With increased fitness comes a more efficient heart and a slower resting pulse. You can use the monitor to test your resting pulse and last night it came up within the "Elite Athlete" range. I'm really chuffed with that as this has been achieved since November, when running a bath was an effort!

I also got the official race results from my weekend run when they were published in the local paper on Wednesday. I finished 83rd out of 1035 runners, and 21st in my age category! While I was a little disappointed with the time I'm pleased with the results. Its great to feel fit(ter) again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauly - Elite Athlete -
WELL DONE! EXCELLENT FINISHING POSITIONS - 'where there's a will there's a way' but only achieved through determination and hard work!

WELL DONE! to Hillsborough Hornets as well! sounds great fun with great neighbours!

From a rainy Bristol

Jean and John xx