Friday, December 14, 2007

Carols by Candlelight...


Last night we went to the local park for Carols by Candlelight. We had hoped to have gone last year but it got washed out. There we're about 4,000 people there, mostly families, huddled around picnic blankets getting into the Christmas spirit.

I'm finding the whole Christmas in the Summer thing very hard to get my head around, still with the Xmas tree to buy and put up and all my Christmas presents for Alfie and Beth to buy I better get my head sorted soon!

Alfie seemed to enjoy the evening refusing to sleep because there was so much going on, the fact that it combined two of Alfie's favourite things, lights and music, also helped. We waited for the fireworks with some trepidation as he doesn't seem to like loud noises (strimer and hoover) which send him clinging to the nearest adult. However in Liam and Matt's arms he obviously felt safe and watched the whole thing.

No comments: